Run this 10-mile coastal race and fight for every childhood
Abuse changes childhoods. But so can we. Join our Great South Run team on 16 October 2022 and help us fight for every childhood.
This 10-mile race takes runners on a tour of Portsmouth, including the historic dockyard and Southsea coast. Fast, flat and fun, it’s the perfect race for beginners and experienced runners alike.
Why take part?
- Receive world-class training tips and tailored support from our training partners.
- Get your own NSPCC running vest with iron-on letters.
- VIP treatment at our post-race food and drinks marquee.
- Lots of whoops and cheers from our cheer points en route.
- You’ll be doing something amazing for children.
Already got a place?
If you've already got your place, we'd love to welcome you to our team. Do something with your place and support the NSPCC.
There's no minimum fundraising target, just have fun and raise as much as you can.
"With a flat course this seemed an ideal opportunity to take on such a challenge."
Personalised training from Full Potential
Our expert trainers Full Potential are with you every step of the way on your running journey:
- A plan to get you ready that's tailored to your experience, level of fitness and goals.
- Real coaches that you can email or call to get advice or reassurance that your training is going well.
- Training days where you come together with coaches and other participants.
- NSPCC Facebook and Strava groups to help you keep in touch with your teammates.
Get started today with our dedicated running training zone. You'll find everything from injury prevention to nutrition advice.
We're here to help you with your fundraising. Every year people just like you raise hundreds – or even thousands – of pounds. Here's our handy guide to how you might reach your target (and have fun at the same time!)
- A film night - £100
Whether it's a retro classic or so bad it's good, get a space, some popcorn and invite people to a cosy film night. Ask them to pay what they would in a cinema.
- Sweepstake - £100
Who'll win the grand national? How many sweets are in the jar? Set up a sweepstake and watch the money roll in.
- Dinner party - £150
Wine and dine your friends and family by inviting them to your home for a dinner party. Ask them to pay what they would in a restaurant.
Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or for any further information. We're here to support 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.